Jul 20, 2007

I feel the earth move ...

Well, I didn't. I thought of the song as I needed a title. What is this about earth moving?

I just read about an earth quake that just happened early this morning in the Bay area, California. My sister lives in San Francisco, so I was worried obviously. I called at 5:30 AM. I would not normally call that early, but I figured this is an emergency.

My cellphone call went through right away. This is a good sign. No damaged cell towers. Too bad, she did not answer. I left a message saying I would call again after my run and hope things are alright.

I called again after my run around 7 AM, but still no answer. Crap. I am starting to worry.

Sis called around 8. She said everything is fine. The quake was around 4.2 and epicenter was on the East Bay. It was good to hear. I am not familiar with Richter scale, so I asked her if things fell off or new cracks appeared. Sis said, "it was like a small movement that can be felt if one was on water bed."

Well, thank heavens!

No comments: