Jul 9, 2007

Full blown consumerism ...

I am totally opposite of what I like to be right now. Like Buddha said, material things do not bring happiness. Well, how come it always feels like they do. I know after a while, I will be tired of these things I acquired recently and have a full blown regrets and such.

What have I acquired:
  • iPhone: I love it. Everyone says I need a cellphone, but I lived without one for many years.
  • HD-DVD player: Watching Netflix HD-DVD is awesome, but what is wrong with regular DVD?
  • Zinfandel Port: I love port. Are there anything better?
  • Emeril Steamer: Do I really need to steam food as well as Emeril?
  • Insulated six pack carrier: Who ever wants to walk in with lukewarm beer?
  • Cigar: Occasional smoke never hurts. I hope.
  • MacBook: I was very tired of awfully slow iBook anyway.
Some of thses are gifts, but I need to curve some of my buying habits. Or do I? Being a responsible good human being is hard!!!!!

No comments: