Jul 17, 2007

San Francisco Trip ...

I journaled the trip to see my sis throughout last three weeks or so. Here are links to them.
  • Day 1: Getting there. How I got lost and went to Richmond instead.
  • Day 2: Hanging out. Eating out. Visiting a museum.
  • Day 3: Drive out to Sonoma. Transsexual pre-Pride Rally
  • Day 4: Trip to Palo Alto and Pleasanton. Garrick's graduation
  • Day 5: Pride Parade and Scrabble games
Here is the last part of my journal, Trip back home.

I woke up at four in the morning to the sound of my sister's alarm. I did not want to get up. Luckily, I packed up last night. I washed up and got ready to leave. Sis hugged me bye. As I walked out the door, I remembered I need to get an electric cord. I felt dumb, but I rang the door. I grab what I forgot and we hugged again.

I walked into the nearest BART station, 16th & Mission. There were a few people there. In fact, there seemed to be other Oakland Airport bound passengers. When we got to the Coliseum stop, where I waited for the AirBART bus with others. More and more came to wait, but it did not seem like a real line. This could be a problem. I had that foreboding feeling.

When the first AirBART showed up, I did not rush to it. I figured there should be enough room. Well, wrong! I was the last person to be let in. Talking about cutting it close. I was very relieved that I would make the flight on time. Spoke too soon.

Since sis did not have a printer, I had to line up get a boarding pass. It took a little time. I then had to go through TSA check point. I walked up and a TAS lady pointed outside where a line was snaking around. I was now not sure I would make the flight. This is leaving almost two and a half hour early. CRAP! Luckily, I went through the TSA without any problems. It just took sometime.

As I walked away, a stranger told me I dropped my ID. I quickly checked. I indeed lost my ID. I had to go back to a TSA agent to get my ID back. At least that was not a hassle. I board about twenty minutes later. I realized then and there, I left my favorite running gear at my sister's.

No comments: